|Remote appointments are effective to help you manage your pain. These can be over the phone or using a video system (more information on this below). |
Since March, we have been working hard to make telehealth a simple, practical and useful option: with optimised online tools and compliance with all professional and data protection regulations.
In March 2020, Jerry developed and gave training to over 1,500 clinicians via a webinar series on how to provide remote care for people in pain.
Patients appreciate an in-depth consultation with a healthcare professional in the comfort and safety of their own home, a diagnosis and treatment plan for their problem, and having someone available to check in with them again when needed.
We can use a normal phone call, or a video system that provides good audio and video quality and that doesn’t need you to install anything: you receive a link by email to click on. Alternatively we can use Skype, FaceTime or similar.
The goal is to provide you with a system of support to discuss concerns regarding any symptoms you may have that osteopathy may be able to help with, as well as looking at what can be done.
WHAT YOU CAN GET FROM ONLINE PAIN MANAGEMENT
– Expert medical questioning, remote assessment, triage if further investigations are needed, and diagnosis.
– Evidence-based and effective options for pain management and treatment, including specific exercise plans (that can be practised together during the video call), behavioural advice, and self-management strategies for pain.
– Personalised care and the option for follow-up calls when required.
– initial appointment: £50
– re-assessment (last appointment more than 3 months ago): £50
– follow up (last appointment less than 3 months ago for same symptom): £45
Our professional insurance covers us for remote consultations and the regulator, General Osteopathic Council, supports this initiative.
To book a remote consultation, please use the contact form here.